To maintain the lights on, we obtain affiliate commissions through a few of our hyperlinks. Our assessment course of.
Paw Shield insurance policies are administered by Embrace Pet Insurance coverage, a well-established pet insurance coverage firm. So whenever you buy a coverage by Paw Shield, Embrace is the insurer offering protection to your pet. However the greatest (and solely) differentiator between the 2 manufacturers is that Paw Shield affords a credit score product known as Paytient that you should utilize as a line of credit score with 0% curiosity to pay vet payments upfront vs you paying out of pocket.
However why must you purchase by newcomer Paw Shield as an alternative of direct from Embrace, a long-trusted insurer?
Get A Quote
Paw Shield General Ranking
Paw Shield Pet Insurance coverage Evaluate
Product Title: Paw Shield Pet Insurance coverage
Product Description: Paw Shield administers Embrace pet insurance coverage insurance policies for canines and cats
Paw Shield’s insurance policies are administered by Embrace Pet Insurance coverage. There isn’t a extra perk to signing up for an Embrace coverage by Paw Shield, so we suggest buying instantly from Embrace. In among the quotes we ran, Paw Shield charged $20-$30 greater than Embrace for a similar pet and plan particulars.
- No per-incident limits on their claims as they use an annual deductible
- No lifetime restrict
- Affords optionally available Wellness Rewards (not accessible in RI; should buy at the side of pet insurance coverage)
- Pays claims inside 10-15 days on common
- As much as a ten% max low cost for a number of pets (5% in NY)
- Covers your pet in the event that they journey exterior the U.S. with you
- 30-day money-back assure
- Eligible to use for a digital Paytient Visa card to pay for vet payments
- $25 enrollment charge
- Solely covers enrolled pets age 14 and youthful for accidents and diseases (accident solely could also be accessible for ages 15+)
- If one leg has a CCL (ACL) damage previous to enrollment, the opposite leg won’t be coated even when there are not any prior points; it’s thought-about a pre-existing situation
- Prices greater than Embrace for some pets
Our pet insurance coverage specialists learn by every pet insurance coverage firm’s coverage to supply detailed comparisons and data relating to how a supplier fares towards others within the trade. We additionally converse with prospects, learn on-line suggestions, and talk one-on-one with pet insurance coverage corporations to acquire a well-rounded, unbiased evaluation of an organization’s standings.
Our crew charges pet insurance coverage corporations based mostly on a number of components, together with A.M. Finest rankings (an indicator of economic stability), declare processing reputations, contract protection, customer support, pricing, plan customizations, and extra.
- Underwriter: American Fashionable Residence Insurance coverage Firm
- A.M. Finest score (a measure of economic stability): A+
- Bilateral situation (a situation or illness that impacts either side of the physique): In case your pet has a pre-existing bilateral situation (e.g., ACL tear), they’re at the next danger of the identical scenario on the opposite aspect of the physique and any future occurrences of the identical situation gained’t be coated.
- Pets enrolled after their fifteenth birthday are solely eligible for the accident-only coverage
- Covers curable pre-existing circumstances so long as the pet goes symptom or remedy free for 1 yr or extra
- Paw Shield requires a vet examination inside the final 12 months earlier than the coverage begin date or 14 days after the beginning date.
- Paw Shield policyholders are eligible to use for a digital Paytient Visa card to pay for vet payments with out curiosity or charges ($5,000 line of credit score accessible). This bank card is the one add-on perk whenever you purchase through Paw Shield vs the identical coverage from Embrace.
Buyer Service Choices & Hours
- Monday – Friday: 9am – 8pm EST
- Saturday: 10am – 2pm EST
- Sicknesses: 14 days
- Accidents: 2 days
- Orthopedic circumstances (e.g., cruciate ligament, hip dysplasia, and many others.): 6 months or 14 days with an orthopedic report card† submitted; not relevant to cats)
- Wellness: 0 days
*Ready durations for Maine are as follows:
- Accidents – 0 days
- Sicknesses – 14 days
- Cruciate Ligament Situations – 30 days
- Routine Care – 0 days
†An orthopedic report card is a veterinary examination and waiver course of designed to evaluate any bone or muscle deformities in your canine. To cut back the six-month ready interval for orthopedic circumstances, take your canine to the vet and have an orthopedic examination carried out after your coverage is bought. Your vet will report any well being findings to your canine’s hips, legs, shoulders, forelimbs, backbone, joints, and bones. You may be taught extra about Embrace’s orthopedic examination and waiver course of for canines.
What Does Paw Shield Cowl?
Please know that not one of the suppliers in our pet insurance coverage comparability charts cowl pre-existing circumstances, cremation and burial prices, being pregnant and breeding, or pointless beauty procedures.
All of them cowl the next gadgets when deemed medically obligatory: emergency care, surgical procedure and hospitalization, specialised exams and specialty care, X-rays, blood checks, ultrasounds, cat scans, MRIs, rehabilitation, most cancers, continual circumstances, euthanasia, hereditary circumstances, congenital circumstances, non-routine dental remedy, and prescription medicines. Nevertheless, this protection could have limitations, so please test your coverage.
What’s Paw Shield’s Accident-Solely Plan?
Paw Shield is likely one of the few pet insurance coverage corporations that supply an accident-only plan; nevertheless, it’s solely accessible for canines enrolled at 15 years previous or older. Canine enrolled after their fifteenth birthday are usually not eligible for Paw Shield’s accident and sickness plan. To enroll your pet in an accident-only plan, name 888-968-8952.
It solely covers accidents (as its title suggests), so issues like damaged bones are coated. It doesn’t cowl any diseases, routine care, acupuncture, or chiropractic remedy.
What Are Paw Shield’s Wellness Plans & Pricing?
Paw Shield additionally affords an optionally available Wellness Rewards (not accessible in Rhode Island) program for a further charge. Paw Shield will reimburse 100% of your pet’s routine care prices as much as the chosen quantity of protection you select. You may choose from the next quantities per yr, which additionally lists their month-to-month value:
|Wellness Rewards Per Yr
|Extra Month-to-month Price
- $250 Wellness Rewards per yr: a further $18.75 per thirty days
- $450 Wellness Rewards per yr: a further $35.42 per thirty days
- $650 Wellness Rewards per yr: a further $52.09 per thirty days
Wellness Plan Protection
This cash can go towards the next however isn’t restricted to:
- Routine vet visits
- Flea, tick, and heartworm medicines
- Spay/neuter surgical procedure
- Therapeutic massage and acupuncture
- Prescription eating regimen meals
- Anal gland expression
- Fecal and routine blood checks
- Medicated shampoos
- Routine chiropractic care
- Tooth cleansing
- Coaching courses
- Toenail trimming
- Pet exercise screens
- Cremation or burial
How Is Paw Shield’s Pricing Decided?
Paw Shield has a $25 enrollment charge. Your month-to-month premium relies on the deductible, reimbursement proportion, and annual payout choices that you just select from the desk beneath.
Pricing can be based mostly in your pet’s particulars (age, breed, location, pre-existing circumstances, and many others.). We suggest acquiring quotes from Paw Shield to your particular pet to get an concept of how a lot a coverage would value you.
You should use our pet insurance coverage quote type beneath to see how high suppliers evaluate to your precise pet.
Does Paw Shield Have Reductions?
Paw Shield has the next reductions:
- 10% off (5% off in NY) for a number of pets
- 5% off for navy and veterans (NY and TN excluded)
No promo code is required. Use this hyperlink to benefit from the absolute best value.
Our Last Verdict On Paw Shield
Get A Quote
Paw Shield is new to the pet insurance coverage trade. We’re comfy with insurance policies administered by Embrace as a result of it has a stable fame. Nevertheless, we hesitate to suggest Paw Shield over going instantly by Embrace as a result of there have been situations the place we ran quotes, and Paw Shield was dearer than Embrace.
However Paw Shield provides you entry to use for a Paytient Visa card, which might provide help to cowl the price of vet payments till you obtain a declare reimbursement. Paw Shield appears to be the one method to get a Paytient credit score profit since Embrace doesn’t provide entry to it instantly.
General, researching earlier than shopping for a pet insurance coverage plan is a should. We invite you to learn by our greatest pet insurance coverage information so you are feeling 100% constructive about making one of the best determination to your furry buddy.Tagged With: Reviewed By Insurance coverage Agent